Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Studio Center set to produce "Doing Time"

Writer/Director Joyce Glover is about to commence production on her new full-length movie "Doing Time". As all of Joyce's scripts, this one is a very intense, in-depth look at family dynamics and relationships that are particular to the African-American community...yet have profound messages for us all. I directed two of Joyce's first movies: "The Mile In Her Shoes" and "The 9th". Joyce went on to write and direct a third movie and this will be her fourth. Originally this was to be a short movie, but then it just grew and grew. At that point her initial crew realized they may be in over their heads, so that's when Joyce called me and asked if I would consider producing and shooting the feature for her. How could I say no?... Not to mention I believe in Joyce's writing and projects. Obviously I think this one has great potential.

In addition to all that, I want to open the doors to those that would like to get some real movie making experience. I rarely work with interns or trainees. But this time I want to start to develop a crew pool for future productions. I will take on a few interns for this project who will have to the opportunity to not only work with us, but it will be treated as a serious learning experience. I will tell you what I'm doing, and more importantly why. Why I make the choices I do... What's the look I'm trying to achieve and why...etc. If you're interested, drop me an email at Frank@TheStudioCenter.com and I'll fill you in on the projected shooting schedule.

No comments: