Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gotta Love This One

How to price a video... It's always a tough call. My on-going joke is: It's like asking "How long is a string?". Obviously, the answer is it could be anywhere. Usually a prospect calls and asks how much it costs to do a video. After biting my lip, I go through this explanation. What they're really saying is 1) they have no idea where the pricing ballpark is, and 2) they want you to say a number first so that if you're foolish enough to cut your price to the bone, they may take you up on it.
More on all of this in a later post.
My biggest laugh today was when a law firm emailed me and said they wanted to do a short video for their website, but two things: 1) they wanted it very professional, and 2) they wanted it very cheap! Duh, yeah, sure... I just emailed them back... "Hey, that's exactly the way I shop for an attorney!"

No comments: