Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sacramento Film Festival Workshop

The Sacramento Film Festival ( www.sacramentofilmfestival.com ) begins soon...at the end of this month. In case you didn't know, the Festival does more than showcase movies. There are also many great workshops by movie people from far and wide. These are some very good deals for $20. One in particular coming up Thursday, April 3rd, I will be one of two panel members for "Film School 101-- Feature Films at Shorts Prices".
We're going to talk about making movies on the cheap...but they don't have to look cheap. I've made over 8 short movies in the past 5 years or so...most all award winners... and we didn't spend more than a couple hundred dollars on any of them. I've also shot a full length feature in the past few years... The budget there was maybe $10,000...and it looked darned good, if I do say so myself. That's related to what I'll be talking about. But wait...There's more!
I'm going to actually be giving the attendees some of my actual projected budgets for two or three new full length features The Studio Center will be producing. This is information I rarely share except with investors... I'll tell you how you can make a good looking movie for very little dollars. So see you at Film School 101 at 2:00 p.m Thursday April 3rd @ the 24th st Green Room.

No comments: